Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Local thugs rule the respective Electricity Departments in Delhi, India.

Personal fiefdom by mafia like chaps characterises many Enterprises in Delhi parts.
   2014: On the 15th of April going into 16th, at 00:45 AM, there was a blackout in our house. I had heard some sound from below at almost the same time. In fact there were sounds preceding that also for a few minutes, all coming from below, and our voltage was fluctuating. And when I went out of the flat into the staircase about the blackout, I could smell something burning. Street lights were on and so I figured that it was indeed with the meter box room or the mcb area. I gathered something had burnt in the meter box below. It was dark and I got concerned and anxious. I went down to check, confirmed to myself that yes, indeed there was smell from the Meter Box area, and then woke up the ground floor neighbour who holds the key to the MCB Room (which had incidentally been abused by another neighbour in the past - he used to keep his illegal drugs in there, and that is another story >> illegal drugs, pharma company in residential area etc.). The neighbour confirmed too that there was a burning smell. He brought the key and opened up the door to the MCB room, and suddenly smoke was all over him and he had to evade to escape them fumes. The same fumes had entered the meter area on the outside from the little gaps which exist in the common wall between these two. He figured that his house was also without electricity and that he was on inverter backup. We figured that the MCB of another neighbour had burnt and that that had caused the blackout at more houses.
   Well, I called 32506178 at 01:17. There was no response. Then I called 39999707 at 01:18 the centralised complaint no. of BSES (almost 5 minute talk and explained to the person everything). I told him that there is a blackout and that there is smell and smoke. He assured that the people from the local office shall come in max. 15 minutes and everything shall be restored. No one came. Then I called again at 02:04 and this time it was an almost 6 minute talk. I told the person that a call had already been made by me and that nobody had come. He assured me again. Then I called again at 04:55 and talked for about 12 minutes and explained everything again.
   Nothing happened.
   These are such unscrupulous bastards. Yes, I am using this phrase for these incompetent scoundrels, these thugs who only make customers, consumers go round and round.
   I waited further, went to sleep rather late because of this and couldn't sleep because of the mosquitoes. My parent could also not sleep well. I managed some sleep in the morning after around 6.
A call came from 01130651700 at 10:06 in the morning.
A call came from 08467987525 at 10:19
A call came from 08467987525 at 10:21
A call came from 08467987525 at 10:24
   The first call was a missed call from the cell phone. I was actually asked to call back in the next call that came! I did not. I think I also gave a missed call back.
   In the calls that were made subsequently by them (above), the person said that "a complaint was made, what is it?" (!) Then he said later in one of the calls that this no. should be saved by me since "calling up the centralised nos. at 39999707 shall not make the message reach them in time." This is strange.
   In the meanwhile, I came to know that some people from DESU (we still call it that) had come and were fixing the mess. I went down and saw an obese man standing authoritatively a little distance away from the meter room near other people (not residents). He yelled "haan bhai tumhaaraa kaunsaa flat hai? Tumne complaint karee thee? (hey you which flat is yours, did you make the complaint?)" I didn't like it at all. I was quite surprised actually. I did not respond to this. I saw another man working near the meter room.
   I came to know later that these people had come only because by now other neighbours had woken up, had made complaints after which nobody had come and then some neighbours had threatened to call the police when their complaints to the centralised no. had yielded no result.
   I asked this obese man as to what had happened and what he is doing to fix it. He started blurting nonsense rather than tell me the answer to a simple question. He is a typical Haryaanvee UPite Kameenaa. Strange and ugly this BSES. I should have taken his photo and uploaded it here. Well..
   IF BSES is reading this then they should investigate everything. Why did nobody come when I first called at 1:17 A.M.? Why were false assurances given and why was my message not made to reach where it was supposed to reach. BSES (you scoundrel Reliance Company) should note that you are because of us. We are not because of you.
   Was it deliberate? Isn't it mischief?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go right ahead! Fill up with your light!